History
In 1941 the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches formed a "Permanent School Committee" to consider the establishment of a post-secondary school. In 1944 Pacific Bible Institute opened in a large residence on Van Ness Avenue in Fresno with twenty-eight students. Soon outgrowing its original campus, the school moved in 1946 to a former YWCA building in downtown Fresno.