The Criminal Justice program at Guilford College will prepare you to make a more meaningful contribution to public safety and security and to the wellbeing of your community. It also:
- Provides graduate level, in-depth study of criminal justice in preparation for a career or career enhancement
- Offers interdisciplinary perspectives relevant to the advanced study of criminal justice
- Offers a distinctive curriculum that’s theoretically grounded, empirically rigorous and policy-oriented (i.e., it draws upon the evidence-based and problem-solving traditions of the field to address complex questions of crime causation, control and prevention)
- Emphasizes advanced critical thinking, written and verbal communication and research into contemporary issues, such as police discretion, use of force, racial profiling, mandatory minimum sentencing and the death penalty
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Criminal Justice
- Problem Solving in Criminal Justice
- Crime, Justice and Community
- Advanced Research Methods or Advanced Data Analysis
- Thesis or Problem Solving Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 252 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts of all academic coursework to date, including certificates of completion, external examination results and/or diplomas, must be mailed to the Office of Admission. If your final year of education is still in progress, submit any and all documentation you have up to this time. Guilford College requires properly certified English translations of transcripts for review. Transcripts must be verified by World Education Services.
- Certificate of Finances (COF): Please provide a complete and true COF using this form. We encourage you to first reference these COF form instructions.
- Personal Essay: Please submit a personal essay that explains why you want to attend Guilford College.
- Visa Clearance Form: Complete and submit the Visa Clearance Form.
- TOEFL or IELTS Score Report
International39400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.