The need for specialized teacher training in early interventions is evidenced through the increasing prevalence of children born prematurely with low birth weights with co-occurrence of one or more developmental disabilities.
Many of our candidates have backgrounds in non-profit agencies, child development, psychology, social work, communication disorders, and special education. Graduates of our Early Intervention in Autism and Sensory Impairments program at Lindenwood University include pre-grade 8 teachers, paraprofessionals, parents, speech and language therapists, and related services professionals, certified VI teachers who want to learn more about autism and sensory impairments, sign language professionals with a BA degree, and early childhood professionals. As MO DESE does not require teacher certification to work in the early interventions field, teacher certification is not included nor required for this program.
- Integrity - We are committed to ensuring trust and respect for all persons in an environment that cultivates individual and institutional integrity.
- Dedication - We are committed to developing a high-performance work ethic and dedication to discipline or vocation.
- Excellence - We are committed to providing quality and excellence in all our endeavors.
- Creativity - We are committed to the development of original ideas, knowledge and innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Special Education Counseling
- Education of the Exceptional Child
- Analysis of Teaching and Learning Behavior
- Curriculum Analysis and Design
- Educational Research
- Conceptualization of Education
- Conceptualization of Education for Beginning Teachers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 730 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Please provide a clear, readable copy of the identification page of your passport. It must show all information on the identification page and be valid (not expired) to be accepted.
- Please provide a certified letter or bank statement verifying the total amount of liquid, personal or family funds, in US dollars, that is available for tuition (personal cost) and educational expenses (books, insurance).
- Graduate students must submit certified copies of college transcripts through WES
- Graduate students with a cumulative undergraduate or graduate GPA below 3.0 must submit three letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your current resume with all of your academic and work experience.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Charles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.