The Master of Science in Teaching Literacy, Birth–Grade 12 at Mercy College New York is designed for teacher candidates seeking professional certification in the teaching certificate they presently hold.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid content knowledge base that enables them to deliver effective educational and professional services based on current research, theory and practice
- Employ multiple pedagogical and professional strategies and tools to enable them to be effective practitioners in educational settings and deliver services that promote students’ intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Understand the diverse cultural, linguistic, learning, and social strengths and needs of all populations, and incorporate and demonstrate sensitivity to the richness of diverse cultures when providing educational and other school services
- Employ technology to deliver information, instruction, and professional services to all members of the school community
- Reflect on professional practice to make educational decisions and enhance student learning
- Demonstrate positive dispositions that enable them to work as effective educators, citizens, and practitioners within the school and broader community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Aprchs Lit: EChldhd-Adolescenc
- Lang Develop & Lit Acquisition
- Ltrcy Instctn Stdnts Dsbls
- Lrng Tchnlgy Across Eng Lang
- Teach Writing/Writing Process
- Child & Adolescent Literature
- Read/Write Cntnt Area Grd 5-12
- Dmsns of Lrng & Ltrcy
- Pract Literacy Assess Birth-12
- Practicum in Lit Instr Practic
- Seminar: Orgn/Admin Lit Prgms
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International30591 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30591 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.