As the number of students requiring special education services increases, the need for special education teachers continues to grow.
The Master of Science in Teaching Students with Disabilities - Grade 6 and Early Childhood at Mercy College New York leads either to initial or professional certification in three areas:
- two in special education
- one in early childhood education
Professional certification requires an initial certificate and three years of classroom experience.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Edu Fnd Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Intr Erl Chld Ed:Fndtn/Meth/Mt
- Lang Develop & Lit Acquisition
- Develop and Exceptionalities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Tchng Stdnts with Dsblts B-6
- Differentiated Instructional Methods and Materials
- Educ Assesmnt SWD
- Prin/Strat Clsrm Mgt for SWD
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesTeaching Early Childhood Education View 355 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.