As the number of students requiring special education services increases, the need for special education teachers continues to grow.
The Master of Science in Teaching Students with Disabilities - Grade 6 and Early Childhood at Mercy College New York leads either to initial or professional certification in three areas:
- two in special education
- one in early childhood education
Professional certification requires an initial certificate and three years of classroom experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Edu Fnd Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Intr Erl Chld Ed:Fndtn/Meth/Mt
- Lang Develop & Lit Acquisition
- Develop and Exceptionalities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Tchng Stdnts with Dsblts B-6
- Differentiated Instructional Methods and Materials
- Educ Assesmnt SWD
- Prin/Strat Clsrm Mgt for SWD
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 4091 other Masters in Education in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International22248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.