The Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education at Mercy College New York prepares Nurse Educators for faculty positions in Associate and Baccalaureate Degree Programs, and for staff development positions in health care agencies. Students are prepared to use state of the art technology in the planning, implementing and delivery of educational programs.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Assess findings from nursing biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement and organizational sciences for the continued betterment of advanced nursing practice across diverse settings
- Develop leadership behaviors that emphasize interprofessional collaboration, systems thinking, and business and financial acumen toward the improvement of healthcare systems
- Design advanced nursing practices that recognize regulation and national benchmarks to identify actual or potential failures in processes and systems and create a just culture which ensures continuous quality improvement and safety
- Participate in or lead collaborative teams in evidence based practice, quality improvement initiatives, and ethical conduct or research using translational research to generate and disseminate knowledge to improve care outcomes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Technology
- Health Policy
- Dvsrty: Family as Lens
- Phlsphcl Fndtns of Nursing
- Rsrch Prspctvs & Methods
- Capstone Part I
- Capstone Part II
- Integ Hlth Assessment Nurs ED
- Curriculum Processes
- Instructional Strategies
- Student Evaluation
- Nurs ED or ADM Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Nursing Genetics View 3783 other Masters in Education in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International33372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.