You will learn about recent developments in subjects you know well and use every day, from consumer behavior to social media to persuasive communication, and you will have access to a collaborative group of fellow professionals—your classmates—to workshop creative ideas and discuss the issues you are facing at work.
The Master of Science in Strategic Marketing Communications (MSSMC) programme from Fordham University at the Gabelli School of Business is an online degree that will help you to understand and redefine the relationships between today’s brands and their audiences.MSSMC Overview
Delivered in four consecutive terms, the MS in Strategic Marketing Communications covers marketing and media strategy, corporate and leadership communications, crisis communication, consumer behavior and insights, social and digital media, and market research analysis.
Students in this program primarily connect with Fordham faculty online, tapping into their extensive industry experience and their latest academic research into best practices and trends in marketing, advertising, and media communications.
Because one of the greatest advantages of choosing the Gabelli School is its location at the heart of the U.S. media and advertising industries, all students in this program come together in New York City twice during their program for unique “residencies.”
Residencies offer experiences you cannot get anywhere outside New York, including visits to organizations such as MediaCom, Ketchum PR, BBDO, Ad Club of New York, and other leading advertising, marketing, and PR firms. They’re also a chance to build your professional network. You will develop closer relationships with the students you collaborate with online, the professors who lead your web-based conversations, and the industry leaders who lend their insight to your courses as guest speakers.
This is also where you will get a true sense of what it feels like to be a part of the Gabelli School’s 37,000-member alumni network, often called one of the most loyal in the world.
The Gabelli School edge
What sets the Gabelli School’s strategic communications program apart from other opportunities?
- Access to a global media hub. Fordham’s extensive network in New York City allow your faculty members to draw case studies, guest speakers, and site-visit opportunities from a world marketing and communications capital. The degree is online, but students benefit from a constant connection to a city where landmark business decisions are made.
- Remarkably experienced faculty. Courses are taught by experts of two kinds: scholars whose research leads to discoveries about people, markets, and products that companies are using to make smart decisions, and practitioners whose extensive industry experience will help you to build on yours.
- An online format. This program was specifically designed for individuals who have a high level of career experience and the responsibilities that come with it. It offers a flexible alternative to the on-campus experience with all the academic rigor, personalized attention, and institutional prestige of a traditional degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Contemporary Research Methods
- Understanding Digital Consumer
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Persuasive Corporate Communications
- Crisis Communication and Leadership Strategies
- Social and Digital Media
- Leadership Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing Strategic Management View 87 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Letter of recommendation (x2)
- Application Fee: $130
- TOEFL/IELTS fir international students
- Offician undergraduate and graduate transcripts
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.