Point Loma Nazarene University’s Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling (MACC) program applies faith-based principles to 21st century cultures and needs.
- We integrate rigorous courses, personal mentoring, onsite supervised clinical training, and a culturally aware approach to today’s best practices and theories to equip you to serve diverse populations through a flexible career path.
- Most importantly, our program prepares you to take the LMFT or LPCC licensure exam through curricula designed with the tests in mind and free post-graduation workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Psychotherapy - Theology Integration
- Lifespan Development
- Multicultural Theories and Development
- Professional Ethics and Law
- Psychodiagnostics and Mental Disorder Treatment
- Counseling Theories and Faith Integration
- Treatment of Children and Adolescents
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 980 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Submit an online application for admissions (including $50 non-refundable application fee, which is waived for PLNU alums, current or former military and their dependents, and PLNU employees).
- Submit official transcripts with proof of earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit personal essay. The essay should be 3-5 pages, in APA format, on how a master's degree in clinical counseling from PLNU will help fulfill your career goals.
- Submit a resume/vita.
- Submit three professional references including name, title, phone, and email for each reference.
- Completion of the MMPI 2 personality assessment.
- Interview with the Department of Graduate Psychology.
- Ensure undergraduate course prerequisites are met.
International24885 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24885 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.