The two-semester curriculum is designed for early and mid career arts leaders who recognize that the rapidly changing world of the 21st Century requires an innovative approach to arts leadership.
The Arts Leadership MSc program offered at University of Southern California is multi-disciplinary and self-directed, allowing students to create highly individualized courses of study that meets their particular needs and aspirations. Close faculty mentorship and guidance from working professionals in the field are a hallmark of this unique degree as well as a commitment to both theory and practice.
Graduates have often gone on to create and lead their own ensembles, programs and arts organizations such as the Kaleidoscope Chamber Orchestra, Elizabeth Youth Theater Ensemble, Sunset ChamberFest as well as innovative education and community engagement programs like Modern Maestro and Play the Groove.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Arts Leadership and Arts Entrepreneurship
- Executive Leadership in the Arts
- Issues in the Arts and the Contemporary World
- Arts Organizations: Innovation and New Models
- Arts and the Community: Current Practice and New Visions
- Arts Leadership Intensive
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Music Liberal Arts View 952 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts for faculty review purposes. Please note that official transcripts must also be submitted to the USC Graduate Admission office following the guidelines here.
- Answers to the following five questions in essay format.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.