At University of Southern California, students quickly become adept at the tools of the trade, from cameras, light kits, and editing software to the newest cutting-edge techniques and technologies that are changing the professional production process.
The Film and Television Production MFA program at University of Southern California requires a minimum of 52 units in cinematic arts at the 400 or 500 level. At least two-thirds (35) of the units must be at the 500 level. A thesis is not required for the MFA degree.
The Film and Television Production MFA program at University of Southern California review committee panel evaluates applications for originality, clarity, personal insight and artistic excellence. There are no admission interviews but applicants may be contacted for more information or clarification of submitted materials. The committee ensures that all applicants are judged equitably by limiting evaluation to the items listed. Incomplete applications, or applications not submitted as requested, cannot be considered.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Inside the Business of Film and Television
- Acting for Film and Television
- Writing for Film and Television Genres
- Seminar in film and Television Authors
- Non-Fiction Film and Television
- Seminar in film and Television Genres
- Collaborative Directing for Film and Television
- Pitching for Film and Television
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 325 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- USC Graduate Application for Admission
- SlideRoom Application
- Cinematic Arts Supplemental Materials Cinematic Arts Personal Statement
- Writing Sample (pick one: A or B or C)
- Visual Sample (Video or Photo Option)
- Creative Portfolio List
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Official Transcripts (From all Academic Institutions Attended)
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 36 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.