Today’s health care environment demands more of its leaders than ever before: deep understanding of economics, health policy, information management systems, patient satisfaction, ethics and legal issues and interprofessional collaboration, as well as knowledge of how it all fits together while transitioning to evidence-based accountable care systems.
- health care executives and senior managers who seek hospital leadership positions
- physicians who aspire to hospital or medical practice leadership
- senior managers in health care-related fields, such as health insurance, pharmaceuticals, HMOs and medical supply, seeking to advance their knowledge and competencies.
Advantages of the he MBA in Healthcare Leadership at SUNY/Empire State College:
- Finish more efficiently. Students can “test out” of courses through assessment of knowledge and prior learning. Accordingly, they learn precisely what they need to know for excellence in management.
- Learn from distinguished faculty. The program’s designers co-authored the most up-to-date text on health care leadership. Our faculty includes a former hospital executive with consulting experience in strategic planning and market development, a former assistant New York state attorney general and a physician who chairs a large clinical program in one of New York City’s largest health care systems. All faculty members are actively engaged in real-world health care settings, as well as in the classroom.
- Enjoy flexibility. Students take all courses online and participate in two executive retreats.
- Specialize. Students can couple their MBA program with a graduate certificate program in areas in which they need in-depth expertise.
- Graduate with a plan. In the capstone experience, students use what they have learned to develop a strategic plan for a vital initiative within their own organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mastering Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- Analysis of Healthcare Markets and Health Policy
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Economics
- Health Information Management and Informatics
- Quantitative Methods and Healthcare Operations Management
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management View 162 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A single integrative essay
- Current resume'
- Two recommendations, at least one from your current direct supervisor or appropriate alternative with the ability to discuss your career and professional goals and skills; a second letter may come from members of the faculty with whom you have worked or who know you well
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited colleges/universities attended:
- Non-refundable $50 application/orientation fee
International24390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12195 USD per semester and a duration of .
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.