Today’s health care environment demands more of its leaders than ever before: deep understanding of economics, health policy, information management systems, patient satisfaction, ethics and legal issues and interprofessional collaboration, as well as knowledge of how it all fits together while transitioning to evidence-based accountable care systems.
Students can also incorporate an advanced certificate into their degree program and earn a second credential.
The Healthcare Leadership program of SUNY Empire State College is ideal for:
- health care executives and senior managers who seek hospital leadership positions
- physicians who aspire to hospital or medical practice leadership
- senior managers in health care-related fields, such as health insurance, pharmaceuticals, HMOs and medical supply, seeking to advance their knowledge and competencies
- clinical professionals who seek to strengthen their management skills
- Finish more efficiently. Students can “test out” of courses through assessment of knowledge and prior learning. Accordingly, they learn precisely what they need to know for excellence in management.
- Learn from distinguished faculty. The program’s designers co-authored the most up-to-date text on health care leadership. Our faculty includes a former hospital executive with consulting experience in strategic planning and market development, a prolific author of multiple works on healthcare leadership, a former director of healthcare marketing, an assistant New York state attorney general, and a physician who chaired a large clinical program in one of New York City’s largest health care systems. All faculty members are actively engaged in real-world health care settings, as well as in the classroom.
- Enjoy flexibility. Students take all courses online and participate in two executive retreats.
- Specialize. Students can couple their MBA program with a graduate certificate program in areas in which they need in-depth expertise.
- Graduate with a plan. In the capstone experience, students use what they have learned to develop a strategic plan for a vital initiative within their own organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mastering Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- Analysis of Healthcare Markets and Health Policy
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Economics
- Health Information Management and Informatics
- Quantitative Methods and Healthcare Operations Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management View 450 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application.
- Official transcripts.
- Resume/CV: A resume/CV including previous experience, education and other achievements.
- Recommendations: We require two (2) recommendations from appropriately qualified persons.
- Applicants for whom English is not the first language must submit proof of proficiency.
- Orientation Fee of $50 (non-refundable) paid at the time of online application submission.
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State625 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 625 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.