The Counseling degree at University of North Georgia was developed to meet the state and national regulatory criteria leading to licensure and certification as professional counselors.
Our curriculum addresses the needs of our diverse world while helping students understand the process of human development and relationships, counseling theory, and change. Utilizing problem-based learning and incorporating required internships and practica; the program provides students with both academic and practical professional experience and training.
- Mental Health Centers
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Private Practice
- Sexual Assault Agencies
- Criminal Justice Settings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 1254 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Baccalaureate from a regionally accredited, four year institution with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale) calculated in accordance with Graduate Admissions procedures.
- GRE General Test Note: Only test scores less than five years old will be considered.
- Group interview with counseling faculty.
- Required Supplemental Documentation
- Personal statement, three-five pages, double-spaced, autobiographical in nature
- Submit three UNG recommendation forms from persons who are able to address academic potential, professional experiences in the helping professions, and non-academic experiences that add breadth in understanding the human condition.
- Professional Resume.
International27480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 284 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dahlonega
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.