The Teaching program from Shepherd University involves 33 credit hours of graduate coursework prior to student teaching.
- MAT teacher candidates who are employed as long term substitutes or teaching on a provisional certificate in a public school may fulfill most field requirements in their own classroom.
- Graduate courses are generally scheduled one evening per week with online components and include field experiences in area public schools.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Admission to graduate study at Shepherd University is handled on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4368 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- An overall 2.75 GPA in all undergraduate coursework
- A 2.5 GPA in the content courses for the area in which certification is sought
- Completion of ENGL 101, ENGL 102, and COMM 202 with grades of C or above in each course.
- A passing score on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests (CASE)
- Completion of at least 50 percent of all undergraduate content area work required for certification (with grades of C or better)
International6453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6453 USD per year during 12 months.
National6453 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6453 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4365 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4365 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.