The Restorative Justice in Education program at Eastern Mennonite University is committed to culturally responsive teaching, peacebuilding, and restorative approaches in which critical caring within relationships is paramount.
The program expects the candidates to reflect a willingness to list and attend differentially to student needs and to promote school environments where students are treated with respect and learn to treat one another with respect. Regardless of cultural, intellectual, or gender differences, an ethic of care respects the multiple tales and capacities of all individuals and preserves the dignity of all persons.
The aim is to prepare teachers who will successfully pursue an ethic of care as they build student-oriented classroom communities focused on student learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creating Cultures of Change: Constructivist Environments
- Peacebuilding & Conflict Resolution
- Social & Ethical Issues in Education
- Action Research in Educational Settings
- Curriculum and Instructional Strategies
- Teaming and Collaboration
- Neuro-education: Application of Research on the Brain and Learning
- Teaching Diverse Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3603 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least a cumulative 3.0 gpa (based on 4.0). If this condition is not met, graduate gpa of six or more credits will be considered.
- A valid teaching license, a copy of which must be submitted by the applicant for the graduate file. Applicants applying for the TESL concentration with PreK-12 initial licensure in VA; the Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments certificate and concentration; or the Restorative Justice in Education certificate and concentration are exempt from the teaching license requirement.
- Evidence of one year of successful, licensed teaching in a public or private school setting, or evidence of one year of successful work with youth in a public or private school setting.
International475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrisonburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.