Available at NNU’s Nampa campus and our distance learning location in Idaho Falls, the program utilizes a cohort model that allows for an interactive learning environment and collegiality throughout the student's course work. Additionally, the MSW practicums give students professional experience and help them build relationships with local professionals. Upon completion of the program, students earn a graduate degree and are prepared to take the MSW licensing exam. With classes offered evenings and weekends, this program is ideal for students with work and/or family responsibilities who wish to advance their career.
Depending on education, and licensure, students can be admitted either at the Generalist level or at the Specialized level for the Social Work program from Northwest Nazarene University. Applicants who have completed a B.A. in social work or BSW from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education qualify for the Specialized standing level, which can be completed in 18 months (four semesters). An area of specialization is chosen after completing the Generalist year or when entering the program at the Specialized standing level. We have two concentrations: Clinical Mental Health and Addictions (CMHA) and Integrated Clinical and Community Practice (ICCP)
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment: Life Span and Biopsychosocial Theories
- Social Welfare Policy and Services
- Research Methodology
- Practice: Organizations/Community Development
- Practice: Individuals/Families/Groups
- Field Instruction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology School Counselling View 571 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 is expected with a GPA of 3.0 or better in the applicant's major field of study.
- An official transcript showing evidence of having successfully completed (C [2.0] or better) a minimum of 21 semester credits in any of the following liberal arts areas: psychology, sociology, ecology, political science, law, economics, business, statistics, research, and oral or written communication.
- Evidence of potential to practice social work, such as submission of evaluation material from field supervisors in the applicant's baccalaureate program, letters of recommendation from supervisors in professional employment settings
- Personal statement/writing sample (6-8 pages). See instructions under Application Forms.
- A basic understanding of computer technology, including good word processing skills.
International17940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 598 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 598 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Nampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.