Individuals who do not have undergraduate professional education prerequisites for the regular Master of Education degree program may pursue the Master of Education program for non-education majors. The program from Southwestern Oklahoma State University is designed for individuals who do not plan to obtain teacher certification, but wish to improve their educational background in certain academic disciplines (e.g., Art, English, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, etc.).
Additional information about the Master of Education degree concerning admission requirements, financial aid, etc. can be found on the graduate school home page.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Courses include:
- Teaching Health in Public Schools
- Nutrition for Children
- Kinesiology and Anatomy
- Methods and Materials in Elementary HPER
- Recreation Management
- Athletic Gen Med & Pharm
- Individual Study in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Seminar in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Sociology of Sports
- Legal Aspects in Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics
- Evaluation in Physical Education
- Organization and Administration of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Development of Programs, Facilities, & Management
- Organization and Administration of Athletics
- Community Recreation
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiology Lab
- Therapeutic and Prescriptive Physical Education
- Motor Learning
- Athletic Training Modalities
- Capstone Experience in HPER
- Teachers Course in Health and PE
- Outdoor Recreation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 3508 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Submit online application for university admission.
- Application for graduate admission.
- Send official transcript(s) of all credit earned to the graduate office.
- International students must complete a certificate of financial resources form showing sufficient resources to provide for the student’s entire program of study & living expenses while at SWOSU.
International465 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 465 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National235 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 235 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Per Credit Hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.