The primary objective of the Teaching program of Coppin State University is to prepare professional educators who are equipped with knowledge and skills to effectively teach and meet the academic needs of all students in first through sixth grade classrooms; as well as to:
- Plan and engage children in activities through exploration, experimentation, and discovery;
- Reflect appropriate professional dispositions;
- Deconstruct curricula, be familiar with curricula organization, objectives, and procedures; as well as the instructional resources of the school and community to effectively implement curricula;
- Apply knowledge and skills acquired during practical experiences to effectively analyze teaching practices and experiences while engaging in the selection, planning, presentation, and evaluation of content knowledge;
- Apply and reflect on the practical application of theories and principles of learning to support and motivate learners;
- Knowledgeably collaborates with the broader community of education professionals and practice continuous professional growth; and
- Apply knowledge and skills in the use of technology to support instruction, access and manipulate data, enhance professional growth and productivity; communicate; and conduct research.
Provide teacher candidates with strategies for infusing technology for both professional and instructional purposes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Bases for Teaching and Learning
- Statistics in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Philosophical, Sociological, and Political Aspects of the Education Process
- Teaching Learners with Exceptionalities in the Regular Classroom
- Curriculum Domains and Procedures
- Research Methods in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching View 1679 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is prerequisite for admission to graduate study
- Obtain an application from the School of Graduate Studies
- Complete the application for admission and return it with the non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- Arrange to have official copies of test scores, if applicable
- Official transcripts sent from all college and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation sent to the Director of the Office of Admissions at the above address
- International applicants from countries whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency
International7596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3798 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3798 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2064 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.