Individuals who do not have undergraduate professional education prerequisites for the regular Master of Education degree program may pursue the Master of Education program for non-education majors. These programs from Southwestern Oklahoma State University are designed for individuals who do not plan to obtain teacher certification but wish to improve their educational background in certain academic disciplines (e.g., Art, English, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, etc.).
Individuals interested in community college teaching or other types of nonpublic school employment may pursue graduate studies in the following areas:
- Parks and Recreation Management
- Early Childhood
- Reading Specialist
- Educational Administration
- School Counseling
- Elementary Education
- School Psychometry
- Health and Physical Education
- Social Sciences
- Special Education
- Natural Sciences
- Sport Management
- Courses included:
- Life Drawing
- Printmaking Studio
- Intermediate Graphic Design
- Watercolor Studio
- Painting Studio
- Clay Studio
- Applied Design
- Studio Drawing
- Mixed Media
- Modern Art History
- Art History Since 1945
- Content, Methods and Materials in Elementary School Art
- Teachers' Course in Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 3671 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Submit online application for university admission.
- Application for graduate admission.
- Send official transcript(s) of all credit earned to the graduate office.
- International students must complete a certificate of financial resources form showing sufficient resources to provide for the student’s entire program of study & living expenses while at SWOSU.
International493 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 493 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National263 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 263 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Per Credit Hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.