The Contemporary Educational Leadership program of Coppin State University is an investment in preparing tomorrow’s educational leaders. School administrators must believe that “improving instructional practices is the essential skill” for all learning and that school leadership is the key to overall school improvement. MCEL participants examine the nuts and bolts of operating a school. Attention is given to special education; scheduling, facilities; budgeting and human resources; personal mastery/attributes and technology.
MCEL participants are able to demonstrate competency in a variety of leadership approaches that promote building partnership, relationships, and the maintenance thereof. Participants in this course examine theory, research, best practices, challenges and barriers to, and the different types of school, family, and community partnerships. The participants develop leadership skills and devise effective communication strategies to build relationships that organize effort for the purpose of connecting schools, parents, and community organizations. Participants utilize learned knowledge to design partnership interventions to address one aspect of school improvement. Leaders from a variety of organizations (local education agencies, academia, businesses, etc.) provide the MCEL participants the best skill development opportunities.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of leadership approaches that promote building partnership, relationships, and the maintenance thereof
- Demonstrate theory, research, best practices, challenges and barriers to different types of school, family, and community partnerships
- Demonstrate leadership skills and devise effective communication strategies to build relationships that organize effort for the purpose of connecting schools
- Utilize learned knowledge to design partnership interventions to address one aspect of school improvement
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Relations and Interpersonal Skills
- Supervision of Instruction
- School Law
- Strategies for Curriculum Development
- Administration of Education PRograms
- Internship in Education Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4089 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is prerequisite for admission to graduate study
- Obtain an application from the School of Graduate Studies
- Complete the application for admission and return it with the non-refundable application fee of $50.00
- Arrange to have official copies of test scores, if applicable
- Official transcripts sent from all college and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation sent to the Director of the Office of Admissions at the above address
- International applicants from countries whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency
International7596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3798 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3798 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State4128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2064 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.