The graduate program in Clinical Investigation (GPCI), at the University of Wisconsin Madison, offers a 30-credit M.S. degree. The focus of GPCI is to provide physicians, clinical scientists, and other health care professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to conduct and translate basic science discoveries into clinical applications through patient (human or animal)–oriented research. The M.S. program trains students to help move research toward solutions for patient populations more quickly.
Applicants ideally will have a health professional degree (M.D., DVM, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BSN, BSE, MPT, DPT). Clinical Investigation students are unique among UW–Madison graduate students because they enter the program with a terminal degree (with exceptions) and they are seeking training to directly apply their work with patients.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Perspectives in Multidisciplinary Clinical & Translational Research
- Ethical and Regulatory Issues in Clinical Investigation
- Research Ethics: Scientific Integrity and the Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Ethics and Career Development
- Responsible Conduct of Research for Biomedical Graduate Students
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1101 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Have a focused area of interest in patient-oriented clinical research and a passion for continuing in a career in patient-oriented research
- Ideally have a health professional degree (M.D., DVM, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BSN, BSE, MPT, DPT).
- Have GRE scores if the applicant does not have a graduate or medical professional degree from a U.S. institution
- Identify a primary advisor to mentor and support the applicant throughout graduate study
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.