You'll improve your classroom teaching effectiveness and develop professionally. You'll be ready to succeed in leadership positions within schools or school systems.
The Meredith Master of Education program in Raleigh is one of the region's best. Schools seek out and hire Meredith-trained educators. And graduates consistently receive local, state, and national educator awards.
With five specialized tracks – academically and intellectually gifted, elementary education, English as a second language, reading, and special education (general curriculum) – the women and men who complete the Meredith M.Ed. are well prepared to make an impact in their schools.
Program Quick Facts
- Accredited by NCATE (now CAEP)
- 33-36* credit hours (11-12 courses)
- Coeducational program open to women and men
- Classes blend in-person, hybrid, and online courses
- Courses are scheduled from 5-7:50 p.m. in the fall and spring semesters and 5:00-8:30 p.m. in the summer session. Courses meet once per week during the school year, twice per week in the summer
- Academically and intellectually gifted (AIG)
- Elementary education
- English as a second language (ESL)
- Special education (general curriculum)
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation View 3668 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed online or paper application; nonrefundable $60 application fee or waiver required. Online payment is available via paypal.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended*, in sealed envelopes or sent electronically from the institution directly to Meredith College.
- Two completed recommendation forms from professionals who can speak to your work ethic or academic ability within your area of work or study, available to submit electronically through the online application portal or in printable form.
- Statement of Work Experience (resume or C.V.)
- Copy of teaching license
- Responses to essay questions
International575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.