LL.M. IN AMERICAN LEGAL STUDIES
American trained lawyers are not eligible. The American Legal Studies degree offered by St. Mary's University satisfies the U.S. legal education requirement for the LL.M. graduate to sit for the Texas, California or New York Bar exams. Some jurisdictions require additional components, such as pro bono service, and each candidate is responsible for determining those requirements as set by each state.
- Introduction to the American Legal System
- Legal English for Foreign Students
- Legal Writing and Research for LL.M.
- Civil Procedure
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies American Studies View 64 other Masters in American Studies in United States
- Apply Online (no fee)
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English. If these documents are written in a language other than English, a certified translation in English must be provided together with the original language records. Any translated record should be a literal and not an interpretive translation.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Guarantee
- Copy of your passport
International980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.