The MFA Design program at California College of the Arts is an open site for investigation, hands-on making, and speculative design thinking.
- You’ll explore new frontiers of design with cutting-edge tools and traditional craft-based techniques.
- With a focus on graphic design, industrial design, and interaction design, you’ll create working prototypes and models that use materials in new ways.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This two-year course of study is best for students with a background or professional experience in graphic design, industrial design, or interaction design.
- With a focus on prototyping, design methods, independent research, and technology innovation, students emerge from the program with an expanded skill set.
- Their culminating thesis project often serves to reinvent their design practices and jumpstart their careers.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 382 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 24 months.
National53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.