MDes in Interaction Design is a one-year, intensive STEM-designated program at California College of the Arts built to provide students with the tools to create better relationships among people, products, and environments worldwide.
- Interaction designers flourish in this complex intersection, using craft-based design skills, systems thinking, and human-centered technology to find creative solutions in the heart of San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
- Our intensive program prepares you to enter one of the most in-demand design fields in the world. You’ll learn to design for the environment, public health, transportation, education, and other major industries with wide-ranging impact.
- IxD 1 Studio
- IxD 2 Studio
- Personal Leadership (with MBA in Design Strategy)
- IxD Social Lab
- IxD 3 Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Communication Sciences View 555 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International65484 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65484 USD per year during 12 months.
National65484 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65484 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.