The Master of Advanced Architectural Design (MAAD) is a one-year STEM-designated post-professional degree from California College of the Arts.
- Specialized for advanced students and mid-career architects, our curriculum emphasizes research and design through mentored study and a sequence of interdisciplinary electives.
- We offer three distinct areas of concentration: Digital Craft, Experimental History, and Urban Works. You’ll focus on one area during an intense year of advanced study that prepares you for a range of 21st century design challenges.
- Advanced Studio
- Two Topic Electives
- Open Elective
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 391 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 12 months.
National53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.