Advance as a nurse leader, educator, informaticist, or practitioner with Walden’s CCNE-accredited Nursing - Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program from Walden University. One of the largest and most affordable MSN programs available today with a long history of educating nursing professionals, this program is delivered online and taught by doctorally prepared teaching faculty members who are experts, practitioners, and leaders in the field.
Entry Paths (tracks)
- BSN-MSN: For registered nurses entering the program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- RN-MSN: For registered nurses entering the program with a hospital diploma, associate degree in nursing, or a bachelor’s degree other than a BSN.
- RN-BSN-MSN: For registered nurses who want the opportunity to earn their BSN while working toward their MSN.
Specializations (in addition to the General Program)
- Nursing Education – Learn to provide quality educational experiences that equip nurses to meet the demands of a diverse, ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Leadership and Management – Gain essential skills that will make you an effective leader in decision making, planning, finance, and human resources.
- Nursing Informatics – Enhance patient care by learning to design and implement effective and user-friendly systems that improve accuracy, eliminate redundancy, and reduce costs.
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – Gain the skills that will allow you to conduct initial assessments and deliver diagnoses and treatment plans for the primary care of adolescents (age 13 and older) through older adults.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Focus on the advanced care of acutely or chronically ill adolescents (age 13 and older) through older adults in settings including emergency rooms and surgical and medical intensive care units.
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Learn to assess, diagnose, and treat routine medical conditions in the primary care of individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Learn to assess, diagnose, provide therapy, and prescribe medication for patients with psychiatric disorders and substance abuse issues.
Walden’s flexibility and support put your education within reach. You will benefit from a comprehensive online learning experience that includes:
- Convenient start dates throughout the year.
- Orientation that prepares you for success in an online environment.
- Ability to complete coursework when and where it is convenient for you.
- Access to courses and materials on your smartphone or tablet.
- Multimedia resources designed to augment student learning: videos, case studies, simulations, articles, journals, and discussion topics.
- A global online community of faculty, students, and alumni.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 244 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Walden University's admission requirements vary by program and degree level.
- Walden enrollment advisors are available to help you with every step of the online application process, from deciding which program is right for you to applying for financial aid.
- Enrollment advisors can also explain Walden's transfer of credit policy for past educational experience.
International12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25613 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Paying for your education can be a challenge, but Walden helps you identify the many funding options that are available to you, including scholarships, grants, and federal and private loans. You can also check with your employer to see if they offer tuition reimbursement for your courses. A Walden enrollment advisor can help you determine which funding options are available to you. Additionally, you can save time and money by transferring credits earned previously.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!