All lectures and field assignments are designed in alignment with the New York State Learning Standards in Schools and the National Standards for Physical Education.
Students are afforded hands-on experience in each class. The Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy program at Manhattanville College makes use of a large gymnasium, three smaller teaching gymnasiums, modern weight room facilities, and a dance gymnasium to showcase the actual implementation of theory in teaching practice.
Part-time and Full-time Options
Students are also not required to have an undergraduate degree in physical education, making this program even more accessible. On average, the master’s program takes about two years to finish, although Manhattanville allows five years to complete the program. If you’re taking two or more classes a semester, you may be eligible for financial aid or an assistantship.Program Outcomes
Graduate students in Manhattanville’s Physical Education and Sports Pedagogy program are given professional assistance in finding job opportunities. Our Career Center follows job fairs each semester and the Placement Center works with the program to provide current employment opportunities. Along with being given a list of resources for finding employment as a Physical Education teacher, students are also given information about coaching and teaching positions in the nearby communities.
- Individual, Dual, and Leisure Sports
- Team Sports and Coaching
- Sport Law and Safety Practices
- Advanced Biophysical Concepts and Conditioning for Sports
- Play, Games, and Sports in Historical and Cultural Contexts
- Analyzing and Assessing Teaching Practices in Physical Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Coaching Sports Sciences View 110 other Masters in Coaching in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International19012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.