Students engage in evidence based decision-making, critical, innovative, and creative thinking, and problem solving as they apply to a professional education context. The Education program of the Western Oregon University is open both to licensed educators and those who are not licensed but have an interest in pursuing one or more areas of education. The MSEd program does not lead to a teaching license.
Where this degree can take you:
- Enhancing of Teaching P-12
- Prominent leadership roles in the field of education
- Preparation for doctoral programs
- Education related positions in government, nonprofits, recreation, environmental education centers, and museums
What you will learn:
The Master of Science in Education (MS in Ed) degree provides a critical, advanced, and intellectually rigorous curriculum in which education professionals can advance their knowledge of the teaching/learning process, demonstrate an exemplary level of competence in all aspects of teaching, increase their knowledge of content information and materials, and show their commitment to professional excellence and leadership in education. The MSEd degree responds to the well documented need to develop a cadre of professional educators who demonstrate advanced knowledge in standards-based education and who are capable of assisting others to reach the professional level of teaching. Responsibilities of master teachers go beyond the typical classroom as they are called upon to design and implement new programs and work in collaborative settings.
- Effectively apply the professional content expertise, knowledge, skills, and dispositions of their education profession.
- Use research and evidence to develop environments that support and assess learning and their own professional practice.
- Show commitment to and develop professional education leadership attributes.
- Cultural, Social, and Philosophical Issues in Education
- Educational Research
- Leadership and Policy in a Diverse Society
- Unmasking the Adult Learner: Adult Education from Training to Empowered Possibility
- Theories of Teaching and Learning
- 60 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3081 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form.
- $60 Application Fee + $80 International Express mailing fee.
- A degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Financial documentation.
- Photocopy of current passport ID page.
- Official copy of English testing score report.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative or higher GPA, or passing MAT/GRE.
International15180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 USD per year during 60 months.
National15180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Monmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.