The Rehabilitation Counseling program of the Western Oregon University emphasizes five major components:
- individual and group counseling theory and technique;
- influence of career acquisition and personal independence on the daily lives of persons with disabilities;
- social and psychological impact of disability on an individual and family;
- federal, state, and private service delivery systems for persons with disabilities; and
- self-awareness on the part of counselors-in-training.
The program offers two tracks:
- Rehabilitation counseling (RC/MHC) track (2 years on campus): Graduates of this option provide counseling and consultative services to the general population of persons who have disabilities. Mental health counseling (MHC): Graduates of this track are also eligible to seek licensure as a licensed professional counselor in mental health settings.
- Rehabilitation counseling for the deaf (RCD/MHCD) track (3 years online/hybrid): This is one of two deaf specialty programs in the United States. Students in this
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the rehabilitation counseling related theories and policies.
- Demonstrate competency in facilitating employment, independent living, community integration and personal adjustment for individuals who are deaf or have disabilities and come from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Show commitment to professional excellence and leadership through the practice of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Counseling And Helping Relationships
- Theory and Techniques of Counseling
- Career Development Theories and Job Development and Placement Techniques
- Research And Program Evaluation
- Critique Analysis and Evidence Based Practice Research
- Group Counseling and Group Work
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form.
- $60 Application Fee + $80 International Express mailing fee.
- A degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Financial documentation.
- Photocopy of current passport ID page.
- Official copy of English testing score report.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative or higher GPA, or passing MAT/GRE.
- 2 years of working experience is preferred
International15180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 USD per year during 24 months.
National15180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15180 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Monmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.