Exhibition and Experience Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY is designed for candidates with professional experience as well as for recent graduates. (Students can also choose to take courses on a part-time basis) Drawing on a range of disciplines including interior design, graphic design, industrial design, exhibit production, architecture, and lighting, you will explore the methods, techniques, and technologies needed to create exhibitions for a variety of venues, from museums to trade shows to public spaces.
Graduates with Exhibition and Experience Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will be able to:
- create original exhibition concepts that drive the narrative design experience and illustrate those concepts, including key and supporting information;
- interpret an exhibition’s content with accuracy and in a manner that is appropriate to the needs of the audience, client, venue, and illustrative of the narrative form;
- research an exhibition’s various audience types, its client, and the unique qualities and regulations of the exhibition’s site;
- render and graphically brand an exhibition environment that is comprehensive, innovative and highly experiential, meeting the project’s audience, educational, and design experience goals; and
- generate print, digital, and 3-dimensional materials that clearly communicate an exhibition’s structural, graphic, and multimedia design elements, as well as the exhibition’s narrative dynamic and tone.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experiential Branding Design and Research
- Illuminating the Exhibition Experience
- Historical Perspective and Theory
- Exhibition Design Studio
- Exhibition and Planning Design Studio
- Sustainability for Exhibitions
- Exhibition Design International Professional Practices Seminar
- Exhibition Design for the Museum Setting
- Presentation Techniques
- Exhibition Design Graphics
- All candidates will be asked to complete a video interview as part of their application.
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Online application
- $100 Application Fee
- Official academic transcripts or course-by-course International Credential Evaluation
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- 3 Short Essays/ 1 Optional Essay
- Submit Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- GPA 3.0
International23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11793 USD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
National23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11793 USD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
In-State11542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5771 USD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
Part time tuition:
- Local students: 481 per credit
- National and International students: 983 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.