First, students concurrently pursuing another graduate degree in one of six professional schools at the University: the Foster School of Business Administration, the School of Forest Resources, the School of Law, the School of Marine Affairs, the Evans School of Public Affairs, and the School of Public Health. Second, students enter the program after already having gained professional experience or education. All graduate students participate in a year-long core series dealing with a broad framework for the study of international issues and institutions.
The International Studies program from University of Washington is actively engaged in searches for new cross-regional approaches and transdisciplinary methods that are neither part of the existing academic disciplines nor simple composites of several disciplinary approaches. We have funded centers that study ethnic conflict, foreign policy and security issues, and research projects on state-society relations and how empires end. We also work with many other departments and area studies programs on campus.
- International and Area Studies
- Seminar: Comparative International Studies
- Research Design and Methods for International Studies
- olloquium in International Studies
- Advanced Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 389 other Masters in International Business in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18057 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.