Holders of teaching assistantships must fulfill the Graduate School and departmental requirements for assistantships. First-time teaching assistants in the German Studies course from the University of Washington are required to enroll in German 518/576 during fall quarter and participate in the fall orientation program.
All students are required to meet with the Graduate Coordinator at the beginning of their first quarter and throughout the academic year to plan their programs. Students should feel free to consult with the Graduate Coordinator and the other members of the faculty at any time during their entire period of study. Students enrolled in courses are required to submit an academic planning form at the beginning of fall quarter and a self-assessment form in spring to the Graduate Coordinator. PhD candidates submit these forms to the Chair of their Supervisory Committee.
- Literary History
- Intellectual History
- Cultural Studies
- Theory, Methodology, Bibliography
- Teaching of German Literature and Civilization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process as early as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 24 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18057 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.