Faculty work closely with transportation professionals to ensure that critical transportation topics are covered in the curriculum. Courses provide a solid background and skill set in topics such as intelligent transportation systems, ride-source sharing, transit system planning, transportation data analytics, travel demand forecasting, traffic systems operations, freight transportation, human factors and analytical methods in transportation. Students of the Transportation Engineering master’s degree program from University of Washington also obtain hands-on experience in particular areas of interest, including traffic simulations, smart transportation system control and traveler information systems. Graduate students work closely with faculty and interact with leaders in the local professional community, many of whom are UW graduates, through special courses taught by practitioners, field trips, seminars and professional society meetings.
People with advanced degrees in transportation engineering enjoy careers as company or agency traffic engineers, transportation analysts, etc. Graduates also pursue management positions in large companies, agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Research Preparation
- Planning for People and Freight
- Transportation Data Collection
- Transportation Networks and Optimization
- Inferential Data Analysis for Engineers
- Transportation Data Management and Visualization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 1864 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
National35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20535 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20535 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.