The Geotechnical Engineering program from University of Washington provides a solid background in all traditional areas of geotechnical engineering and allows students to focus on areas of particular interest, including geotechnical earthquake engineering, landslide hazards, soil mechanics and foundation engineering. Graduate students work closely with faculty and also interact with leaders in the local professional community, many of whom are UW graduates, through special courses taught by practitioners, field trips, seminars and professional society meetings.
People with advanced degrees in geotechnical engineering enjoy careers with consulting firms, major contractors, design firms and government agencies. Geotechnical engineers enjoy a balance of analysis, design, subsurface investigation and construction monitoring that allows them to spend time both in the field and in the office. Geotechnical engineers work closely with geologists, seismologists, structural engineers, and construction engineers in the design and construction of buildings, bridges, dams, pipelines and other critical elements of modern infrastructure.
- Adv Geotech Lab
- Phys-chem Aspects of Soil Beh
- Computational Geomechanics
- Soil Dynamics
- Case Histories
- Geotechnical Earthquake Eng
- Geosystems Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
National35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20535 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20535 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.