SAIC's highly acclaimed Master of Design for Emerging Technologies in Studio at School of the Art Institute of Chicago is a 60 credit hour program that supports creative work, inquiry, and investigation across 14 departments as part of the advanced preparation of fine arts practitioners.
We encourage our MFA Studio students to move beyond their home departments, working with faculty and peers in any area that supports their graduate work and research. Graduate studios for MFA students are spread across campus in clusters that allow for robust, interdisciplinary exchange.
Graduate-level courses and topical seminars support individual studio work by exposing students to the larger dialogues around the production, exhibition, and function of art and design as well as their expanded cultural production and reception. Students design a personalized curriculum by choosing from a wide variety of seminars, courses, and graduate advisors linked to numerous studio, design, and academic departments. Graduate critiques, central to the MFA experience, alternate between discipline-specific panels in the fall semester and interdisciplinary panels in the spring semester.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Reset Studio Seminar
- Studio 2 Discover
- Studio 2 Discover Lab
- Prototyping Methods Lab
- Thesis Studio 2: Manifest
- Pasitianing Methods Leb
- Leadership Matters Studio Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Technology Management View 63 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SAIC requires applicants to apply online. Filing an online application requires a valid credit card and a current email address. You may apply to up to three programs with one application and fee. If you are applying to either the MFA in Studio or the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Studio you may select up to three departments of entry.
- Applications must be submitted prior to 11:00 p.m. (CST) on the appropriate deadline. When you click the "submit" button on the Graduate Application form, you will be prompted to enter credit card information to pay the application fee. Your application form is not fully submitted until you have entered your credit card information.
International1798 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1798 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1798 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1798 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.