Candidates who complete this Education - Teaching program at Saint Peter's University and pass the appropriate Praxis Examination(s) may qualify for state certification in one of the following areas: Elementary Education, Art, English, Business, Music, Social Studies, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, Biological Science, and Physical Science. Candidates who wish to pursue Spanish, French, or Italian Language certification must complete additional requirements listed on the NJDOE web site. Middle School Subject Area (referred to as Elementary with Specialization) is available in a variety of subjects.
The Graduate Education programs enable classroom teachers, educational professionals, administrators, and leaders to continue their professional development. The programs prepare individuals with the knowledge needed to advance their careers, as well as train qualified candidates wishing to enter the teaching and counseling professions.
The Graduate Education programs are offered on a flexible schedule to suit the needs of working adults. Classes are offered once-a-week in the later afternoon and evening. The majority of courses are available on the Jersey City campus and the Meadowlands campus. Specialized courses and programs are also offered at partner locations throughout New Jersey.
- Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Psychological Foundations of Learning
- Directed Research in Higher Education
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Assessment of Student Ability and Achievement
- Computers in Curriculum Design and Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1898 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official application (Apply online or request an application by phone or mail).
- Personal statement of educational and professional goals (500 words).
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic/professional references.
- Additional requirements for international students.*
International26235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jersey City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.