An approved portfolio that addresses satisfactorily the International.Literacy Association Standards or the TESOL Standards (depending on the program) is required. The portfolio must be presented by the fifth week of the last term in the student's program. Students must successfully pass the SFE Disposition Instrument for Graduate Candidates. A student cannot complete the program without an acceptable portfolio.
This Language and Literacy program at Park University is an online cohort program. There are no weekly class meetings required; instead, you will log in to the online courseroom to complete assignments, participate in discussion topics, and other online activities designed by your professor. You will finish one 3 credit course every 8 weeks. Following this schedule, you will complete the program in approximately 2 years with built in breaks.
Upon completion of this program, students will earn a Master of Education with an emphasis in Language and Literacy and be eligible for Missouri ELL certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Teaching Reading to Linguistically Diverse Learners
- Advanced Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Difficulties
- English Language Learners Practicum
- Language and Culture
- Special Needs in the Classroom
- Linguistics for English Language Learners
- Principles of Second Language Learners
- Methods for Teaching English Language Learners
- Curriculum for Teaching English Language Learners
- Assessment Strategies for English Language Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 835 other Masters in Languages in United States
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and hold a valid state teaching certificate (applicant must provide copy of certificate).
- Students seeking Special Reading Teacher Track or English Language Learners (ELL) certification must have: two years teaching experience by the time they apply for certification.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale and 2.5 GPA in core.
- Child abuse and neglect screening.
- Felony background check and FBI fingerprint check.
- Be officially admitted to the School of Education.
- Four (4) years successful employment experience.
- An acceptable GRE score for verbal and quantitative tests.
International17910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Parkville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.