In addition to classroom and collaborative coursework, each student works toward producing a final thesis project.
Graduate Industrial Design students at Academy of Art University will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MFA degree
- Demonstrate the feasibility of their thesis project
- Explain the relevance of their project to their professional goals
- Complete an approved body of work which represents an advanced level of achievement in their area of focus
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Industrial Design Processes
- Industrial Design Drawing 1: Perspective
- Model Making
- The Science of Design: Ethnographic Methods
- Professional Practices & Communication for Industrial Designers
- Design Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form or online application.
- $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate college or university showing completion of an undergraduate degree.
International38280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 USD per credit during 36 months.
National36540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1218 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.