This graduate degree is designed to provide students an accessible, online, and affordable opportunity to achieve their educational and professional objectives.
The Professional Studies degree is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The program is a 33 to 36 credit hour graduate degree program with a thesis or non-thesis option.
Through this program students will demonstrate:
- an understanding of the nature and impact of major social, economic, and political forces, including population diversity, technological change, and globalization
- the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- the ability to conduct research and utilize research findings as a foundation for decision making
- an understanding of ethical bases for decision making
- the ability to lead, negotiate, and resolve conflicts
Students will acquire and demonstrate these skills through a specific set of six required core courses and a set of four courses within one of the following specialization areas: Higher Education Administration, Community Development, Security and Safety Leadership, and Information Technology.
The University of North Alabama seeks to be a leading provider of high quality, affordable undergraduate professional management education for traditional students and working adults in the mid-south region served by the University. Further, the UNA seeks to be a recognized leader in providing high quality affordable graduate and continuing education for entry level and mid-career business professionals in the U.S. and Asia. The College will be recognized for developing learning synergies based on the cornerstones of diversity and globalization to prepare our students for the challenges of the 21st century economy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Applied Research for Professionals
- Professional Communications
- Professional Ethics in a Multicultural World
- Leadership, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution
- Organizations, Institutions, and Change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sociology International Development View 380 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Diploma and Transcripts: An official notarized copy of your latest diploma and transcripts and - if applicable - your undergraduate diploma should be submitted to finalize admission. All transcripts should be notarized of attested by a government institution.
- Statement of Purpose
- Bank Letter and Affidavit of Support
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of one hundred dollars ($100) is required of every international applicant.
Academic Placement: For US students, UNA uses ACT or SAT scores for advising and registration purposes, but international students are not required to submit any of these tests for admissions.
Other Language Proficiency Required Scores:
- CBT = 213
- TOEIC = 670
- PTE = 54
International740 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
National740 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.