The Communications and Media Technologies program of Academy of Art University provides advanced study for students pursuing careers in multimedia communications. Coursework focuses on short-form production, on-camera performance, multimedia writing, and journalism for broadcast as well as for streaming mobile devices, and entrepreneurship. Students graduate from the program with a comprehensive portfolio or reel that showcases their talents refined through a concentrated curriculum.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Produce broadcast-ready video content that adheres to professional standards
- Use and create interactive content and web designs to promote and enhance media projects
- Depending on the student's specialization: ability to present oneself on camera professionally in various kinds of scripted, live, and impromptu settings in the studio and on location; or, the ability to direct on camera talent in the studio and on location.
- Identify, research, and evaluate relevant information as appropriate to chosen media specialty.
- Apply creative business and technological solutions for formatting, distributing, and marketing content across all major media platforms
- Apply creative business strategies in the presentation and promotion of projects.
Written and Oral Communication
- Develop scripts, features, articles and other written content for in-depth and continuous coverage of a media specialty.
- Demonstrate mastery of various types of interview techniques appropriate to a target audience or media genre.
- Develop sophisticated concepts for a media project and to professionally pitch these ideas.
- Rapidly visualize story ideas in the pre-production stage, for individual projects and larger-scale projects or series.
- Apply advanced design principles to various types of video, print, and interactive media.
- Produce a professional reel to acquire a job within the media industry or corporate environment
- Meet deadlines and submit work according to professional presentation standards.
Academy of Art University offers some of the best training and hands-on experience to help in your pursuit of careers in communications. We pride ourselves in doing an exceptional job preparing you to excel in your future profession. Our degree programs are designed to equip aspiring media professionals with a comprehensive toolbox of marketable skills that will help lead to a successful multimedia practice.
Digital Content Producer
As a digital content producer, you'll be the team leader in preparing and completing project action plans for a variety of media platforms.
As an entertainment/sports host/anchor of scripted and ad-libbed storytelling, you'll work both in-studio and on-location. Conduct interviews, write copy, and help with the scripting and producing of programming in this exciting career path.
Responsible for storytelling across broadcast and digital mediums, the multimedia journalist writes, produces, edits, and promotes stories with empathy and emotion.
As an on-air and online presenter of audio content, the radio/podcast personality introduces and discusses topics like music, news, and sports.
Social Media Manager
As a social media manager, you'll develop and implement social media marketing strategies that engage, excite, and promote a brand audience.
As a video producer/editor, you will turn raw recording into a media story. Utilizing timing, compositing and storytelling, you'll be responsible for quality control and the execution of the director's vision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visual Storytelling: Editing for Short-Form Video Content
- Visual Storytelling Production
- On-Camera Performance for Multiplatform Media
- Media Production: Working with the Client
- Multiplatform Specialty Writing
- Motion Graphics for Digital Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 515 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International1191 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1191 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1137 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1137 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.