These are the tenets of the Montessori approach, and they are the standards by which you will train in Lander’s Montessori program. We offer a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education with Montessori emphasis and a Master of Education in Montessori Education.
With a longstanding tradition of producing talented teachers, Lander’s Department of Teacher Education focuses on empowering and encouraging students to become not only competent professionals, but also lifelong learners and responsible citizens. Our faculty members have extensive experience in teaching children and young adults, and many also serve on statewide education committees, giving you invaluable access to the latest state regulations and policies.
And with small class sizes and many professional and student organizations on campus, you’ll have opportunities to get to know others who share your interest in education.
The Montessori educational approach has several key concepts:
- The goal of a Montessori classroom is to produce competent, responsible, adaptive citizens who are lifelong learners and problem-solvers.
- Children learn by manipulating materials and interacting with others through experiences that are self-initiated under a responsive teacher’s guidance.
- Learning takes place through the senses and occurs most readily in an atmosphere that is inquisitive, cooperative and nurturing.
- Respect for oneself, others, the environment and life are essential for learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teachers enrolled in the M.Ed. in Montessori Education program at Lander have the option to select one of two concentrations leading to American Montessori Society certification at the Early Childhood (ages 3-6), Elementary I (grades 1-3) or Elementary I-II (grades 1-6) level.The degree is designed with a core of foundation courses supplemented by a field-based practicum that includes an action research component and a block of Montessori-specific pedagogy courses. You’ll work in a Montessori classroom as part of your studies.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation View 3480 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completed application for admission
- Three official Lander Graduate recommendation forms
- Undergraduate GPA
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
International11250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.