We offer a master degree in Costume Design at California Institute of the Arts CalArts. The curriculum anchors around the application of contemporary arts philosophies to the medium of design, and takes a global approach to exploring modes of dress and adornment, including the relationship between new media and the body from the perspective of art, architecture, and science.
- This dynamic Program emphasizes the designer’s analytical thinking and creative contribution to the process, not only as a designer but also as a critical aesthetic voice in the collaborative development of any given project.
- All coursework is designed to help each student find a distinct, original, and personal voice, defining their unique aesthetic, as evidenced in production work and an outstanding portfolio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum’s foundation studies cover the history of clothing, text analysis, construction, new technologies, management, and graphic skills.
- Coursework emphasizes analytical thinking and the costume designer’s creative contribution to the process, not only as a designer but also as a critical aesthetic voice in the development of any given project.
- In addition to theatrical work, students take part in other collaborative projects throughout CalArts including film/video, dance, music, and installations.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Credentials, diplomas and certificates of secondary-school and college-level work must be presented in English translation. International students applying to MFA programs must submit evidence of receipt of an undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
- The records must clearly state the date of completion (or the anticipated date of completion) and the level of education received with notations as to the number of hours attended per week and the total number of weeks completed.
- Scan and upload copies of transcripts for all institutions attended. In the online application, you will be prompted to upload a PDF of your scanned documents. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript, even if the back side is blank.
International52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.