The Health Education program at the East Stroudsburg University is a field that draws from the biological, environmental, psychological, social, physical and medical sciences to promote health and prevent disease, disability and premature death.
Professionals in the field work to influence the health behavior of individuals as well as the lifestyle conditions that influence their health. Positions include health promotion, wellness, disease management, health consumerism, health literacy and patient safety and advocacy.
Health educators today work
- In schools (K-12) – health educator works with students, teachers, school personnel, and parent/guardians, Health educators teach health education classes, promote and implement comprehensive school health programming, promote healthy school environments and school-community
- In colleges/universities health educators serves students to create an environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices, develop ‘healthy choices initiatives’ for students, organize / mentor students to provide peer counseling and advocate for student wellness programs and a healthy student environment.
- In workplaces- working with employees and their families health educators, perform or coordinate employee counseling and education services, employee health risk appraisals, and health screenings, they create a strategic business plans, they design, promote and lead health programs addressing weight control/obesity, hypertension, nutrition, substance abuse prevention, physical fitness, stress management, and smoking cessation, they develop educational materials, assure company compliance with occupational health and safety regulations and provide community health resources for employees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Determinants of Disease
- Health Policy and Administration
- Methods in Health Education Workshop
- Health and Media Literacy: Challenges and Strategies
- Leadership and Advocacy in Health Education and Health Promotion
- Health Education Evaluation
- Scientific Foundations of Health Behavior
- Public Health Measurement Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admission for national students
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Teaching View 3493 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript. An original transcript from the undergraduate or graduate institution is not required and should not be submitted.
- Goals Statement: the one-page letter should discuss, but not limited to, where your interest in the field stems from, how this degree will help you professionally.
- Letters of Recommendation: signed letters of recommendation should be sent directly from the person writing a recommendation on your behalf.
- Resume/CV: outlining related educational and professional experiences and skills.
- Proof of Financial Support
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.