According to the U.S. Department of Labor, a health educator provides and manages health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. In lieu of that description, the graduate students in our program receive a broad scope of courses that will promote the development of knowledge and skills required of health educators.
The Health Education program of the East Stroudsburg University has been developed to prepare students to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam and the Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) exam as offered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
The M.S. in Health Education is an accepted degree program in the PreK-12 Educator Tuition (P.E.T.) Program at ESU. The P.E.T. Program was designed to decrease out-of-pocket tuition expenses charged directly to the student. Approved and participating school districts are billed for the cost of the student’s tuition, leaving only related fees to be assumed by the student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Determinants of Disease
- Health Policy and Administration
- Methods in Health Education Workshop
- Health and Media Literacy: Challenges and Strategies
- Leadership and Advocacy in Health Education and Health Promotion
- Health Education Evaluation
- 15 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admission for national students
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Teaching View 3550 other Masters in Education in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate minimum grade point average of 2.50 (out of a possible 4.00) and a 3.00 in the area of specialization during the junior and senior years
- Submit 3-5 verifiable professional or scholarly references
- Submit a professional resume describing relevant experiences and skills
- Submit a personal letter indicating why you are interested in obtaining a MS in Health Education, your professional goals, and why or how you believe this program will assist you in meeting those professional goals
- Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Proof of Financial Support: Approved financial documentation that demonstrates you have access to approximately $28,700 (U.S.) from INCOME sources
International701 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 15 months.
National701 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 15 months.
In-State559 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 559 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for East Stroudsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.