Students attend classes on campus one day per week and fieldwork experiences are completed on non-campus days and during normal working hours. Additionally, students are expected to engage in hands-on experiences in their home communities as directed by faculty.
The learning model requires students to think critically and act professionally in independent, interpersonal and community-based problem-solving experiences. Graduates of this program enter the field as skilled and compassionate occupational therapists, serving a diverse range of patient populations in a variety of health care and community-based settings.
Shenandoah University’s graduate program in Occupational Therapy prepares you to help clients reach their greatest level of quality of life and independence by serving as a caring and effective occupational therapist. Close mentorship with faculty, combined with the program’s small class sizes and practical learning experiences, prepare you to enter the field as a professional dedicated to service, ethics, and leadership.
What is Occupational Therapy and what does an OT do?
Occupational therapy is a health profession that helps people across the lifespan engage in meaningful tasks that provide their life with purpose. From a holistic approach, occupational therapists use evidence based therapeutic activities to address the needs and goals of individuals and groups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Therapeutic Occupation
- Occupation And Movement
- Fundamentals Of Scholarly Inquiry
- Community Application With Individuals
- Scholarly Inquiry: Design And Analysis
- Analysis Of Health And Occupation
- Management And Systems In Ot Settings
- Community Application In Systems
- Scholarly Inquiry: Program Development And Evaluation
- Ot In Biomechanical And Neurological Practice
- Ot In Mental Health Practice
- Occupational Performance And Participation: Children
- Basic Case Groups
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who possess a foreign transcript and require an I-20 student visa should request official copies of foreign transcripts be sent directly from all previously attended institutions to Shenandoah upon application to the University.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- To be eligible to receive a SEVIS I-20 form from Shenandoah, please send financial information and documentation explaining how you plan to cover your educational and living expenses while a student at Shenandoah.
International905 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 905 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National905 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 905 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.