Students attend classes on campus one day per week and fieldwork experiences are completed on non-campus days and during normal working hours. Additionally, students are expected to engage in hands-on experiences in their home communities as directed by faculty. The learning model requires students to think critically and act professionally in independent, interpersonal and community-based problem-solving experiences. Graduates of this program enter the field as skilled and compassionate occupational therapists, serving a diverse range of patient populations in a variety of health care and community-based settings.
Shenandoah University’s graduate program in Occupational Therapy prepares you to help clients reach their greatest level of quality of life and independence by serving as a caring and effective occupational therapist. Close mentorship with faculty, combined with the program’s small class sizes and practical learning experiences, prepare you to enter the field as a professional dedicated to service, ethics, and leadership.
What is Occupational Therapy and what does an OT do?
Occupational therapy is a health profession that helps people across the lifespan engage in meaningful tasks that provide their life with purpose. From a holistic approach, occupational therapists use evidence based therapeutic activities to address the needs and goals of individuals and groups.
- Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- Therapeutic Occupation
- Occupation and Movement
- Fundamentals of Scholarly Inquiry
- Scholarly Inquiry: Quantitative Design and Analysis
- Community Application with Individuals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications will be accepted after the priority deadline until the cohort is filled.
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 1223 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 40 shadowing hours under a licensed occupational therapist and these must be completed at the time of application.
- Applicants are required to have two different letters of recommendation from the following: an employer, a licensed Occupational Therapist that the applicant shadowed, or an academic professor. If applicants are unable to achieve this requirement due to COVID-19, their case will be reviewed individually to identify an alternative entity to provide a letter of recommendation.
Applicants must still have the following academic requirements to be admitted:
- A Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average (GPA)
- A Minimum 3.0 prerequisite grade point average (GPA) with 3.2 preferred
International35437 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 USD per credit during 24 months.
National35437 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.