The Marine Science program at the Hawai'i Pacific University students study at HPU’s Windward Hawaii Loa Campus in Kāne’ ohe featuring 135 tropical acres with awe-inspiring views of O’ahu’s majestic Ko’olau Mountains.
Classes and laboratory research also take place at the Oceanic Institute: a research and development facility dedicated to marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and coastal resource management. The Oceanic Institute is situated along the scenic southeastern coast of O’ahu at Makapu’u Point, near the community of Waimanalo.
HPU offers merit-based Graduate Assistantships (GAs) that provide a 50% or 25% tuition discount for four consecutive semesters. For more GA details, go to the FAQs above.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse outline:
- Demonstrate an interdisciplinary knowledge of marine systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement observational, theoretical, and experimental studies.
- Interpret and critique professional scientific literature.
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to apply and integrate scientific principles and research data to address complex questions in marine systems.
- Demonstrate competence in scientific communication through technical and scientific reports, publications and oral presentations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and scientific ethics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 40 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree in the Natural Sciences is required for entry into the MSMS program. Certain course prerequisites may be required before enrolling in graduate MSMS courses, depending on the student’s academic preparation and research interests.
- For students in the thesis track, the graduate thesis committee will determine whether any deficiencies exist and how these deficiencies will be addressed. Additionally, being paired with a faculty mentor is necessary for acceptance into the MSMS-T track.
International1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.