Classes and laboratory research of Marine Science program at the Hawai'i Pacific University also take place at the Oceanic Institute: a research and development facility dedicated to marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and coastal resource management. The Oceanic Institute is situated along the scenic southeastern coast of O’ahu at Makapu’u Point, near the community of Waimanalo.
Students who successfully complete the Master of Science in Marine Science program will:
- Demonstrate an interdisciplinary knowledge of marine systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement observational, theoretical, and experimental studies.
- Interpret and critique professional scientific literature.
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to apply and integrate scientific principles and research data to address complex questions in marine systems.
- Demonstrate competence in scientific communication through technical and scientific reports, publications and oral presentations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and scientific ethics.
- Have the competence to gain employment in advanced resource management positions or entrance to a doctoral program in related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Ecology
- Geological Oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography
- Physical Oceanography
- Advanced Biometry
- Larval Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Preference will be given to those who apply by the priority date: 15 january
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 68 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in the Natural Sciences is required for entry into the MSMS program. Certain course prerequisites may be required before enrolling in graduate MSMS courses, depending on the student’s academic preparation and research interests.
- For students in the thesis track, the graduate thesis committee will determine whether any deficiencies exist and how these deficiencies will be addressed. Additionally, being paired with a faculty mentor is necessary for acceptance into the MSMS-T track.
International26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1450 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1450 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.