The Math Education program at the State University of New York Fredonia oster scholarly inquiry, professional research, ethical practice, artistic performance, and practical innovation, encouraging students and faculty to discover lifelong connections between their intellectual and creative aspirations and civic and global opportunities for engagement.
Our program provides graduates:
- Expedited degree timeline and maximum flexibility. The program can be finished in one academic year when you attend full time. If you’re a working professional, you can still finish your graduate degree part-time with convenient course scheduling to fit your busy life.
- Extensive field experience. Work with veteran teachers to develop your teaching skills and professional style. You’ll bring valuable experience to your classroom.
- Collaboration with faculty and future colleagues. The department’s “Fish Bowl” is a convenient location within steps of faculty offices, providing opportunities for discussions about pedagogy and the mathematics field.
- Professional and networking experiences. You’ll attend conferences and participate in outreach activities on campus and in the community, adding a depth of knowledge and breadth of professional contacts to your educational experience.
- New York State Professional Teaching Certification (Grades 5-9 or Grades 7-12)
- Public School Mathematics Teacher
- Private School Mathematics Teacher
- Springboard to Ph.D. programs in Math Education
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Structures and Proof
- University Calculus
- Introductory Real Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
- History of Mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 143 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 (May be offered conditional admission for lower GPA)
- Online application
- $75 application fee
- Statement of Intent
- Minimum: 1 page (no maximum)
- Topic: Educational & professional strengths & goals
- Address to: Admissions committee
- Unofficial transcripts accepted for review
- Upload to application
- Institution name should appear on document
- Two recommendation letters
- Online (preferred):see application for details
- Offline: both letter and form are requiredevidence of your overall potential to succeed as a graduate student.
International1012 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1012 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1012 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1012 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.