The Diplomacy and Military Studies program at the Hawai'i Pacific University provides you with an interdisciplinary view of the role of diplomacy and military force in world affairs from both a contemporary and historical perspective.
To acquaint you with different methodologies and approaches to understanding statecraft and the military, the program combines courses in history, political science, international relations, art history, humanities, literature, philosophy, anthropology, strategic studies, and global leadership and sustainable development.
The HPU MADMS program was the first civilian university in the U.S. to sign an accreditation agreement with the prestigious U.S. Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island. Generous transfer credit is offered to graduates of U.S. Armed Forces’ military colleges and universities.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse outline:
- Discuss and apply at an advanced and current level the various methodologies and approaches to the study of history, political science, and international relations in a diplomatic and military context.
- Place questions and issues concerning the role of the military within their chronological and geographical context in the course of more in depth inquiries.
- Make use of critically reflective tools for interpreting pertinent historical, cultural, philosophical, and political issues.
- Articulate the moral and ethical concerns raised through the study of the relationship of force and diplomacy to society and technology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Relations View 25 other Masters in Military Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- $55 Application Fee
International1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.