Through the Marriage and Family Therapy program at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, you will deepen your understanding and skills in facilitating relational health with a diverse client base. And true to our practitioner-based learning model, all instructors are experienced therapists who engage in clinical practice. You'll benefit as you gain confidence through trained therapy simulations, all of which are supervised by licensed professionals teaching in their areas of expertise.
Saint Mary's curriculum in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program prepares graduates to see licensure with the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs) are mental health professionals who are trained in psychotherapy and family systems. They are licensed to assess, diagnose and treat mental, emotional, and related health problems with individuals, couples, and family systems.
Students admitted to the program will be part of one of two cohorts. A Fall cohort, beginning in late August, is flexibly designed for working adults and will take nine semesters, or three years, to complete. A summer cohort, beginning in early May, is intended for students who wish to finish the program at a more accelerated pace. The cohort will take 7 semesters, or 2.3 years, to complete.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multicultural Studies of the Family
- Therapy with Couples and Intimate Partners
- Foundations of Family Therapy I: Theoretical and Conceptual Origins
- Introduction to Trauma and Crisis Intervention in MFT
- Foundations of Family Therapy II: Contemporary Theories and Models
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 895 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree.
- Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator.
- A reflective essay which includes a brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience, a description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities, and any personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Three recommendations
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
International555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 555 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 555 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.