Students are given the flexibility to explore different areas of counseling and psychological services and discover their personal areas of interest. With classes taught by professors who are experts in their field combined with a practicum experience, the program gives students knowledge of the complex nature of human behavior and social interaction. It also helps students to develop tools for assessing human problems and assisting individuals in developing greater understanding and acceptance of themselves and their relationships with others.
The Counseling and Psychological Services program offered by Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is designed to help students meet the educational requirements for Minnesota licensure for Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC). In addition, coursework is offered for the educational requirements for Minnesota licensure for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC). Students preferring to seek licensure with the Minnesota Board of Psychology may apply for the Early Entry PsyD program and, if accepted, may take selected courses that fulfill designated requirements in both programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developmental Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Counseling Theory and Technique
- Statistical Techniques and Research Methods
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 895 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree
- Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator
- A reflective essay which includes a brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience, a description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities, and any personal information the applicant wishes to share
- Three recommendations
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience
International540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.