The Master in Accounting at the State University of New York at Geneseo is designed as a full-time/academic year program that builds on the body of knowledge developed in the undergraduate accounting major. Geneseo's small classes, accessible faculty and carefully designed curriculum all reflect the high quality of our highly regarded accounting program.
Advantages of an M.S. in Accounting
Earning an M.S. in Accounting provides the following benefits:
- Enhanced preparation: Fifth-year graduates will arrive in the workplace with a superior level of skills and knowledge. This frequently translates to more rapid advancement and enhanced career prospects.
- Career planning flexibility: Professional mobility requires a CPA license or the ability to become licensed. Many states which already have 150-hr. requirements will not provide reciprocity for out-of-staters who possess only 120 hours. Lack of 150 hours can adversely affect promotions contingent on a transfer, plans to move out of state, or advancement prospects in a market which includes some 150-hr. jurisdictions (e.g. metro NYC).
- Shortened experience requirement: Masters graduates need only one year of work in order to meet the experience requirement for CPA licensure.
- Performance on the CPA exam: There is a growing body of evidence which shows significantly enhanced pass rates for fifth-year students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation Accounting
- Financial Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Managerial Economic Analysis
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Advanced Auditing Theory
- Accounting Theory and Research
- Leadership in Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 639 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee payable to SUNY Geneseo
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions of higher education attended
- Test Scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of New York State initial certification or equivalent certification from another state
International24085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24085 USD per year during 12 months.
National24085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24085 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12295 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12295 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.